24 Jun 2010

We got it!

7 Comments Move to Sweden, Residence permit (Sweden)

Simon called me this afternoon saying he got his passport back from the Embassy and he thought the residence permit was in it but he didn’t really know since it was all in Swedish. He sent me a MMS of the passport and there it was – the residence permit and work permit granted for two years! Totally unexpected this week and the best news we could ever get, we are so happy!!A big plus for our case officer who processed our application right after I spoke to her two days ago. The letter I had waiting for me in the mail when I got home from the Migration Board saying that the permit was granted because they thought our relationship was sincere and real, was dated 2010-06-22. The process took almost 4 months on the day since it all started and the whole application progress can be found HERE.

Unfortunately I had to go into a meeting and Simon go to bed so we couldn’t talk for long about it but we’ll talk later tonight. Finally we can start planning things and we have one less thing to worry about.

My smile goes from ear to ear!

Tags: ,
written by
The author didn‘t add any Information to his profile yet.
Related Posts

7 Responses to “We got it!”

1. Reply Carolina says:

Grattis!! Vad skönt för er! Nu har ni ju det roliga kvar, att kunna planera för att bo tillsammans :)

Ha det så bra och hoppas resten flyter på bra också! Kram, Carolina

2. Reply Helena says:

That is such good news! I just found your blog the other day (through Swedstralia) and i have been reading all about the application process from your previous entries. It interests me because me and my Australian partner are going through exactly the same thing! We are going to the Swedish consulate in Brisbane for our interview the 9th of november and we are so nervous!! I hope we also end up getting it just as you guys did – it gives us more hope to read about other people going through the same thing. Thank you and keep up the good work – We love your blog! // Helena and James

3. Reply Anna - Swaussie says:

Sv Helena:
    How nice that you found our blog. Always appreciated to find others in the same situation as yourself. It somehow feels a lot better then.

I hope the interview goes well. I don't think you need to be too nervous, Simon said his interview was pretty informal and relaxed.

4. Reply Anna - Swaussie says: