Here are the correct answers to the quiz. Haven’t seen it yet? Go have a look HERE before you cheat and look at the answers.
1. ‘Don’t come the raw prawn with me, mate!’. If an Aussie said this to you, what does he mean?
b) ‘You can’t fool me, pal!’
2. To get a hot tip, for example, to be told the winner of the next horse race, is to get the?
d) good oil
3. If I was to ‘chuck a u-ey in my ute’, what am I doing?
b) turning my car to head in the opposite direction
4. Which of the following is NOT a meaning for the word ‘blue’?
a) a river
5. What are ‘salties’ and ‘freshies’?
6. What is the most popular sport held on Christmas Day down-under?
d) backyard cricket
7. Bundy and Coke is an alcoholic drink that is quite popular in Australia, but what specific type of spirit is ‘Bundy’?
8. What are croweaters, sandgropers and banana benders?
c) nicknames for residents of various states
9. What activity do these words all relate to? Pot, Handle, Schooner, Pony?
b) beer drinking
10. ‘The relos have lobbed’. What has happened?
b) your family has just arrived
Congrats Carolina for getting 10/10!
And sis; at least you gave it a good go and got 6/10 😉